[Cdt-l] Lightning and Snickers Bars

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sun Jun 13 19:59:18 CDT 2010

I just discovered the most pleasant way to wait out a lightning storm in the Rio Grande National Forest.
Yes, squat on your ridge rest, ditch your trekking poles and all that.
If you happen to have a jar of peanut butter and a few extra snickers bars there is no need for a spoon even.
I swear those clouds know when hikers are trying to climb exposed peaks. They are sneaky!
Writing inane posts to e-mail forums is also a great way to pass the time between sonic booms. ;)
Cheers-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek