[Cdt-l] Yellowstone Permit

cicelyb250 at aol.com cicelyb250 at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 14:24:30 CDT 2010

I think your plans are just fine.  Hiking thru Yellowstone in 2008, I encountered no rangers.  I had my "permit", but kept getting to my spots too early and ended up camping in different areas.  I had my stories ready - "missed site", "someone scary there" etc.  Didn't need the stories.  Did call ahead and reserved an expensive room at the Old Faithful area since that is always a zoo.  The back country sites were not full and even though I set them up pre hike, I called and changed them with no problem.  Just important to have the permit I think.  If you are heading north you can make a call in Debois - that's about a week from the park.