[Cdt-l] J. Ley Co15

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 14:48:52 CDT 2010

The Gray's Torreys Peaks route has been tough but Gray's Peak made it worth it. What I did not expect was the sheer breathtaking beauty of the CDT near Jones Pass.
 After crossing under I70 and climbing out of Herman Gulch and regaining the physical  Continental Divide above woods creek the trail follows a spectacular ridgeline for miles.
Incredible scenery and worth a visit even if you are not hiking the whole CDT. Seriously, the hike from the Herman Gulch trailhead was beautiful and you get to bag peak 13,215 along the way.
If I lived nearby I would come here every weekend.
As for the trail; I don't know who built this section  but.. BRAVO!!!
Cheers-Iceaxe
HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek