[Cdt-l] Grays-Torreys route

George Brewster g at brewster.org
Tue Jun 29 16:08:21 CDT 2010

Just wanted to put in a plug for this -- we did it last year southbound,
and I would say it was one of the best sections on the CDT. The high
rigdge around Geneva peak was certainly one of the coolest campsites I
had on the trail. If I remember correctly, it's only about 25 miles
longer, and is really scenic. Also, it crosses the highest peak on the
divide in the country. Would you really skip that to save a few miles? I
was surprised that both the maps and guidebooks were ambivalent about
this one. Definitely worth it (unless I somehow missed someting
incredible on the other route).

-George