[Cdt-l] NM "official route" & CC shuttle

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Wed Mar 24 09:31:32 CDT 2010

Just got off the phone w/Mike Bailey in the Las  Cruces BLM office; he's
apparently the CDT guy for the Las Cruces district. The  official route is
"marked"(my quotes) all the way from Crazy Cook to Silver  City. The route from
Lordsburg to the Burro Mtns is being  resigned right now, and should be
done with a week or less; that  eliminates quite a bit of road walking, and
eliminates some  confusion.
    The markings are both large, white signs on steel  posts, and carsonite
posts. JLey, as I abbreviate him, has redone a  lot of his NM maps, 30-40
of them, so some of the confusion has been eliminated.  Thanks, Jonathan!
Donate heavily if  you get his "free" map CD!

Talked to Sam Hughes in Hachita a couple days ago; his shuttle fm Hachita
to Crazy Cook is $90 this year. Just budget that as $100 with a 11%  tip.
That's a good price for 6 hrs of his time, gasoline, and a hell of a  lot of
wear and tear on his vehicle. He'll pick you up in Lordsburg, Deming, and
other places also.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas

"Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says,  'See, if it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.' " -- Harry Browne

"If you  think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when its  free." -- P J O'Rourke