[Cdt-l] Southern Start Dates

Ryan Bozzell rybozz at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:06:58 CDT 2010

Where on the Gila were they? I've been getting a lot of conflicting info on this. I called the ranger just now and she said they are waist high up the middle fork, but said people are going up there still with only some difficulty, but yes it will get worse regardless. I checked the water data web site for the Gila (http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nm/nwis/rt) and it dose appear that the water levels are very high in places, but it looks like the sensors might be on larger parts of the river further down? Luckily when we go up for a few nights around April 10th or so, I can adjust my trip if the water levels are to high. About four of us are going to go and we will probably do a trip report on backpackinglight.com. I'll still post something to this list once I get back.

Thanks

Ryan