[Cdt-l] Anyone familiar with Garmin eTrex VISTA HCx?

Jack Richardson jackrichardson at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 27 15:55:15 CDT 2010

I have some questions around loading tracks on the Vista HCx. I now
understand that you can only load 500 point tracks at a time.

Now I find the track log is "full" after loading NM and some of CO.
There are about 20 tracks of around 500 points loaded on at this time.

How can I get the rest of the CDT states tracks on the Vista or is
this not possible.

I am guess that there is a workaround e.g. preparing a CD with each
state then deleting the used tracks and loading the new state tracks
as you need them

Comments? Am I making this a too complicated project or does the
Garmin Colorado do it better then the eTrex ?

tumbleweed