[Cdt-l] MSR Pro

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 14:01:30 CDT 2010

Thanks for the info Dylan. I keep having this back and forth argument with myself regarding my filter. The MSR Pro is nearly a pound when it's packed away wet after use. Lot's of folks just used Aqua Mira on the PCT last year.
I like the idea of Polar Pure being lighter, more concentrated and not chlorine based. Unfortunately they won't sell Polar Pure to us in the "Peoples Republic Of California" (PUN Intended).
I had to fight the urge to buy the entire stock of Polar Pure from a store in Washington last year!
Anyhow, I am guessing you used a bandana as a prefilter and treated with Polar Pure and added Crystal Light etc.
I sure like the simplicity and much lighter weight of that strategy.. Psst.. Anyone know where to get the "contraband" Polar Pure in CA?
-Iceaxe
PS. Oh Yea.. They don't let us buy sil-nylon tents in CA either. I feel so safe and protected here in Cali! ;)

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent on the go from my Peek