[Cdt-l] Anaconda Cut offf

Josie josie1066 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 15:26:12 CDT 2010

Hi all--
I am planning a section hike from Rogers Pass (near Helena, MT) to Bannock
Pass (near Leadore, ID)-- about 400 miles on the regular route. I notice
that in the journals a lot of people are planning to take the Anaconda cut
off--it's about 100 miles shorter. My question is this, does anyone know if
besides being shorter, it's more scenic or there is any other reason to take
it? I asked this question a little differently a few months ago and didn't
get a lot of response. Does anyone have an opinion or experience with either
of these routes? If the Anaconda route is just as good, it would give me
time to walk further on into Wyoming.

Thanks
Jo