[Cdt-l] Decision to turn my hike upside down

Jack Richardson jackrichardson at roadrunner.com
Sun May 9 09:59:12 CDT 2010

Hi CDT hikers,

After my blister packed 4/14 nobo start (57 miles) I have decided to
let the blister healing finish. It has been almost 4 weeks since my
return to Maine. Recently I have done a few 4 mile walks with and
without pack (20#). There is still tenderness in both feet but I am
encouraged. The reluctance to jump back into the trip is based upon
Rachel's, my wife, experience on the PCT. Her blistered feet healed
over time while hiking but the process caused other foot problems that
are just now being resolved after three years.

So, the new plan is to consider going to Glacier mid to late June and
do a SOBO. This will be a very different hike. I will be checking
postholer.com and trailjournals.com and trailforums.com for other sobo
hikers leaving around that time.

My recollection is that the snowpack in MT is about normal, which
would be great.

It would be great to hear from other 2010 sobo'ers,

tumbleweed