[Cdt-l] Decision to turn my hike upside down

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Sun May 9 12:26:21 CDT 2010

The MT snowpack is below normal
(_http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/support/water/westwide/snowpack/wy2010/snow1005.gif_
(http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/support/water/westwide/snowpack/wy2010/snow1005.gif) ),  as common
in an El Nino year, so I'd guess there'd be no problems with the 4  usual
snow problem areas in Glacier NP (clearly marked on the Nat'l  Geo/Trails
Illustrated GNP map). I'm planning an approx 4 week Sbound CDT hike  beginning
abt 22 Jun, to the Elliston/Helena area, I have to finish the PCT in  WA in
Aug.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas

"Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says,  'See, if it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.' " -- Harry Browne

"If you  think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it
costs when its  free." -- P J O'Rourke

In a message dated 5/9/2010 9:59:13 A.M. Central Daylight Time,