[Cdt-l] Regarding Snow Report

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Thu May 27 16:30:18 CDT 2010

I should have mentioned J. Ley NM46 snow above 10,500 feet depth is between 1 and 4 feet. Open slopes nearest ridgelines are snow free and make great travelways to avoid the logged out section on this map.
Also I am using plain running shoes and leki poles with snow baskets. Tomorrow I plan to drive 24 sheetmetal screws into the bottom of my running shoes for early morning ice traction. That and an ice axe are the sum total of my snow travel equiptment.
I will continue to post snow reports as signal permits.
Cheers-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek