[Cdt-l] Women hiking solo

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Nov 7 13:16:55 CST 2010

It was just 16 years ago my girlfriend and I headed out for a long
section hike - Lassen to Whitney.  I blew out an ACL and "we" had to
leave the trail after 30 days.  I didn't even consider supporting her
hiking alone, and she, after 30 days, was perfectly capable of
completing the hike.  She gave into my overprotectiveness.  Today I
would ask what she wanted to do (she said she wanted to continue) and
support whatever decision she made.

If I wanted to feel guilty I could...

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD