[Cdt-l] Drug Bust in Columbus, NM

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 07:41:40 CST 2010

If an hiker is carrying a bag of weed for pleasure, they may want to
stash it in Deming.  If I recall correctly, a couple years ago while
dropping some hikers at the border, between where the hikers hit the
road, for the short road walk and borderline coop there was a
temporary/permanent inspection station with border patrol and dogs.
New Mexican law for an oz or less is 15 days and $50-$100 fine.   Or you
could try and get a prescription.  CO is cool, the other states would
seriously dampen a thru-hike.

Sly