[Cdt-l] Fwd: Drug Bust in Columbus, NM

ks1007 at aol.com ks1007 at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 11:19:46 CST 2010

there are border patrol all over the place down here - one hiker a couple of years back was stopped by the BP in the middle of nowhere and made to empty his pack so they could search it - I think that that was an overzealous rookie - I have not heard of any other cases like this since then - if you do the trail the right way you don't even come close to the permanent BP checkpoint - that drug bust was 3 miles south of columbus - every spring I warn hikers on here to not carry any stuff with them - I believe if you are found in possesion of weed by the BP it becomes a federal charge which is much harsher

el coyote
Keith and Mary
Trail Angels
Deming, NM