[Cdt-l] Maps

Alistair and Gail Des Moulins aandg at telusplanet.net
Fri Nov 12 22:47:23 CST 2010

Jonathan Ley's maps are excellent - the have different routes and a lot of
other useful information including water sources.
We printed them on 8.5 by 11 paper and certainly some of the detail is hard
to read with the small print and tiny numbers on the contour lines. Much of
the time this was no problem but I carried a small magnifying glass which
helped me read the names and contour heights whenever I wanted to see that
kind of detail. We carried an overall map of each state we went through as
well. We did not use any guide book narrative. We had someone mail maps to
us every 3 weeks or so.

Alistair