[Cdt-l] Well marked? Hah!

Ed Kerr edkerr52 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 22:09:41 CST 2010

I live and work along six miles of the cdt trail just south of Lordsburg, NM and have noticed several signs have fallen down, after closer examination it seems the sign posts that have fallen were barely in the ground when orginally installed.  It seems the rocky ground was too hard or the crew too hot and tired, and many through my property are on hill tops, some on solid rock.  I mentioned this to the crew leader of the BLM crew that installed the signs thru Hidalgo County and he kind of rolled his eyes when someone said they thought cows had knocked down some of the signs.  It could be that  the trail will never be as well marked as it is now.   I hope all hikers will be safe, especially in this challenging area.

good luck,

Ed "Bim" Kerr
Kerr Ranch Tours
edkerr52 at hotmail.com