[Cdt-l] Waterton Transport Info

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 21:48:11 CDT 2010

I am enjoying a post-hike stay in Calgary Alberta!
The airport shuttle wanted 400 bucks for a ride from Waterton to Calgary.
But thanks to a the super nice townsfolk of Waterton I found out about a great new service based right out of Waterton itself.
Waterton Shuttle Service makes trips from Welch's chocolate shop at 401 Windflower ave in Waterton to Pincher creek, Lethbridge, and Calgary.
Rates are $30 Waterton to Pincher Creek roundtrip
$40 Waterton to Lethbridge round trip
$130 Waterton to Calgary for a single rider and $95 each for two.
Ask for Larry
403-431-1969 or 403-627-9451
Email: ls34 at shaw.ca
Trips to Banff National Park, Writing on Stone, Provincial park
Also tours of Frank Slide, Oldman Dam, Head Smashed-in (No Joke!) Buffalo Jump, Fort McLeod - RCMP Musical Ride
A two day advanced notice is requested.
I was able to share the ride with an employee from the Prince of Wales Hotel so it made it cheaper. Another good reason to call in advance.
You might be able to arrange a ride to Chief Mountain with Larry as well. I told him all about hiker "issues" to and from the Northern terminus and he wants to help us. Great Guy, and a Pincher Creek Native that knows all about Alberta.
The Wicked Hostel of Calgary is a great place to stay. Common area, kitchen, two high speed internet computers, free long distance Skype phone, laundry service. Dorm rooms and private rooms availiable
Dorm rooms are $32.50 per night
Bookings at Wicked Hostel.com
877-889-8777
1505 MacLeod Trail S.E.
Calgary Alberta Canada
This Hostel is right near downtown with many great Pubs and places to eat in walking distance.
Pretty Sweet Eh?
Cheers-Iceaxe

HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research
Sent from the CDT with my Peek