[Cdt-l] To gaiter or not to gaiter?

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 16:04:54 CDT 2011

I'm down to gathering the last couple of pieces of my gear and I have been
wondering about wearing gaiters through Colorado. Some of the past posts
here suggested gaiters would be an excellent addition while traversing over
snow. There are waterproof and non-waterproof. I would think if your
investing in gaiters for snow travel you'd want the waterproof, which of
course are a bit pricier, but not by too much. What are some opinions? What
brands have people liked best? With the larger than normal snowpack, I think
they are a good investment and will help with the comfort.
Thanks!
speedstick

*To find out more about Mary and her upcoming hike along the 3,100 mile long
Continental Divide Trail please go to*: www.marriedtothetrail.com