[Cdt-l] Backpackers Poetry Book

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 16:05:56 CDT 2011

Hi I'm Day-Late a long time list lurker.  I'll hopefully be hiking the CDT
next year (2012).
I'm re posting this from the PCT-L where I am a more active participant.

First I'd like to say that any and all profits from the following book are
being donated to the PCTA.

I have just published a book of classic poetry geared to backpackers,
hikers, and adventure travelers called "Backpackers Poetry".

It contains a collection of poems written by famous poets gathered over
several years for reading while I hiked which have been compiled into this
book.  Poets such as Robert Frost, William Service, Walt Whitman plus many,
many more are included.
I put this book together because I could not find a single good general
poetry book to bring hiking – with poems geared to nature, adventure, etc.
The book is available online at Amazon (see link) in either paperback or
kindle format.  It is also available at Barnes & Noble in paperback and epub
format.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=backpackers+poetry&sprefix=backpackers+poetry
A search for "backpackers poetry" should locate it if the link doesn’t work.
I believe the cost is about $12 for the paperback and $10 for the
e-versions.

Hope a few others enjoy this book and again it is for a cause dear to my
heart -- the PCT.

Thanks,

Day-Late