[Cdt-l] finally.... 2013

Doug Carlson doug-sue71 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 07:21:50 CDT 2011

el coyete, I think the route you recommend is the same route followed by Jim
and Ginny Owen.  I have Wolf's guidebook- at least I had it at one time- and
need to get it out again.  I am not so set on any one route that I wouldn't
consider an alternative route, and water is always an important
consideration.  And somewhere in the back of my mind I keep thinking that
perhaps I could just move the start up a year.  So I am preparing early,
just in case.  I think the cancer stuff has changed my thinking about what
is important.

I appreciate your offer for assistance.  I'm filing this email in my NM
planning box.

My wife and I have purchased a home in Florence, AZ and will be moving there
sometime in 2012 so we will be neighbors.  And I am well aware of the AZ
Trail that is not too far off from where we will be living.  Two great
trails, so little time.

I hope we can keep in touch.  Planning is so much fun!!  Anticipation is so
much fun!! But the hike- that is everything!!

-Trew

Note:  it seems I no longer have Wolf's guide book for NM.  I have the
guides for MT/ID but must have sold the NM guide.  I will have to get
another one.