[Cdt-l] NM- CDTS route

Doug Carlson doug-sue71 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 18:05:19 CDT 2011

OK, today I am feeding a trail addiction and looking at maps and routes.  I
have been down since March 09 with "stuff" and I have waited long enough. I
am trail hungry.

So, I have been looking at the two CDTA routes this afternoon and the CDTS
route that runs from Columbus up through Demming and on almost directly
north heading for the Gila Wilderness.  I have been looking forward to
hiking the Gila for a long time.

I am trying to get an idea of the amount of road walking on both the CDTA
and the CDTS.  Seems both routes have their water challenges but the CDTS
route looks more direct heading to the Gila Wilderness.

I do need to get the guide book for NM.  I have the older version of the
CDTA - great pictures in it.

If anyone has time to waste or spend on comments about NM I would love to
hear them.

The Columbus starting point does seem like a safer route near the border.

-Trew