[Cdt-l] Request for NM trail reports

Jon Pierson jon at cdtrail.org
Sun Aug 28 19:24:56 CDT 2011

Hey there,

As folks work their way south this fall, could folks keeping trail journals in NM forward trail reports to: Jon at cdtrail.com

This will help the us figure out the trouble spots in NM, and what pieces of trail are working well, and what's not working.  Your reports help us communicate with land managers as to where problems exist and help us develop strategies to fix the issues.  They also help us plan future volunteer projects and let us know where we need adopters to be working.  Please include as much location info as possible.  If you happen to be using the CDTA maps released this year, please include "map #>segment name>milage" etc.  The more information the better.  If you have trail reports from other states, you can forward those as well and I'll make sure they get to the right people.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone out on the trail, hope you're all having a fantastic summer!  We sure are down here in the Land of Enchantment, cranking it out!  7,000 new feet of trail in the Carson built in the last month all by volunteers (south from Hopewell Lake/Hwy 64.)  Video of Carson CDT volunteer construction: http://youtu.be/mSk7H00pA30

Enjoy,

Jon Pierson
NM Field Program Coordinator
Continental Divide Trail Alliance