[Cdt-l] Ideas for Colorado Springs area?

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 07:44:54 CDT 2011

Gail and I have ended our 2011 CDT section hike, due in large part to persistent rain and thunderstorms. We got off the trail at Mt. Massive trailhead and are now in Leadville, Alps Motel. We have reservations to fly out of COS on Sept 3 and will be picking up a rental car today.

We do plan to do the Pike's Peak cog railroad, but mostly want to stay away from touristy stuff.

Any suggestions for places to tent, such as walking in from trailheads, etc? We probably will stay within 100 mi of Colorado Springs.