[Cdt-l] resupply

Chris Willett cwillett03 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:31:57 CST 2011

In Montana it depends on how far you are capable of going between resupply
points. I'm totally comfortable with 225 miles between points, which gives
me a lot options. It is popular to resupply in Benchmark Ranch via a
maildrop, but I don't think it is needed (East Glacier Park to Lincoln is
about 165 miles depending on route taken). From Lincoln, I hiked direct to
Anaconda, and from Anaconda I was on my way to Leadore where I planned to
resupply in town. I ended up getting off the trail near Wisdom and headed
to Chicago via Dillon and Bozeman to help my mother out before and after
cancer surgery. I wasn't planning a mail drop until South Pass as the route
I was taking from Jackson (itself an alternate) was going to have me hiking
200+ miles into South Pass.

Suge