[Cdt-l] NOBO Start Date from Silver City

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Dec 6 19:07:50 CST 2011

Honestly, this year, the later the better (and I'm and early-season start promoter, too)!

When I did the CDT in 1980, I started March 1st and hit a wall of snow out of Chama. We almost made it to Wolf Creek Pass, but turned around and waited a month for some of it to melt. Around mid-June we tried to leave Chama again, only to find too much snow, still, in the San Juans, so we took a low route to Lake City. Never did see what the San Juans really look like!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150