[Cdt-l] resupply

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:14:36 CST 2011

You're going to want at least a few boxes, but I did find several boxes
were not as necessary as others made it out to be. Here's the catch
though..... how picky are you? What's your budget (as some of these little
towns charge and arm and leg for a cheap brand of peanut butter...)
Here's my list of what would be a mando maildrop:
San Lorenzo, NM (I don't know what the state of this resupply is as it
seems to change every year.... My thoughts are the next time I hike the CDT
I'd start Crazy Cook and head through Silver City and hike in a year where
there isn't a raging fire that detours me around the Gila...)
Ghost Ranch, NM
Atlantic City/South Pass, WY (There is food here, but it is expensive and a
hit/miss depending on if other's clearned the shelves out).
Togwotee Lodge, WY (I didn't want to illegally hitch in WY)
Lima, MT
Benchmark Ranch, MT

-speedstick

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:58 AM, <rockmarkstar at aol.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if a "buy as you go" strategy is doable along the CDT. I'm
> trying to avoid putting a burden on my resupply person the way I did on the
> PCT when I had over 20 pre-made packages. Thanks!
> -Flyboxer

*Three trails, one woman. To find about more about Mary and her recent
completion of the Triple Crown visit* http://www.marriedtothetrail.com/