[Cdt-l] Mosquito Hell

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Sun Dec 11 19:54:26 CST 2011

Totally depends on how wet the year is, and when you're where... I've
always considered them to peak about 2-3 weeks after the snow in any
given area gives way to bare ground. For me on the CDT, they were worst
in the Anaconda-Pintler in mid July. I didn't have any in the Winds in
August (nor anywhere in Wyoming southward). In other years, people have
reported bad mosquitoes in all different places & times.

In some ways, the flies along parts of the ID/MT border were worse for
me than the mosquitoes. There is no DEET equivalent for the flies (but
at least they go away after dark)

-Jonathan