[Cdt-l] Gila Wilderness

Frank Gilliland frankgilliland at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:07:27 CST 2011

1) never heard of shots for this.  Just keep the ticks off!  Funny thing, in all of my travels, I have never had a tick on me.  Must be the hiker smell…..

2) depends on your skill level and always changing conditions.  I would wait a little while longer for spring to pass.

3) Get the new maps!!  Get the Jonathan Ley maps.  http://www.phlumf.com/travels/cdt/cdtmaps.shtml

(also if you Google:  New Mexico CDT BLM maps, the great and all knowing "Inter-Web" will provide you with "official" up to date maps from the BLM)  This is for the Crazy Cook thru Lordsburg segment.
Also there is a 2nd route you can take.  Both are shown on the Jonathan Ley maps.

StarMan
(finishing up Butte to Rawlings in 2012)