[Cdt-l] water treatment (New Mexico)

Jim Boatwright jimboatpct at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:25:32 CST 2011

I've been thinking of using the Steri-Pen with either Aqua Mira or
bleach as a backup.  I've always used chemicals in the past but decided
I would prefer drinking chemical free water this time.  I was concerned
about using the Steri-Pen in NM, but it sounds like it will work just
fine, especially if I supplement with Aqua Mira when the water is
particularly cloudy.

A trick that 1/2 Ounce taught me:  Cut the top out of a 1.5 liter soda
bottle and draw a line at 1 liter.  Use this along with the Steri-Pen to
treat your water and then pour from this container into your other water
bottles.  This way you eliminate the chance of getting untreated water
on your bottle threads.

I'm glad this question was asked and appreciate the helpful responses.

--Boat