[Cdt-l] NM Water

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Fri Dec 30 12:10:18 CST 2011

I totally agree with Travis.  The doomsday scenario painted by many about
the NM water situation is inaccurate.  You do need to plan a bit and fill
whenever you can.  We found most of the water in NM to be good, tasty stuff.

I carry a clunky MSR water filter as a luxury, actually.  I think one of the
wonderful things about backpacking is the water and I find the taste of
chemical treatments objectionable. It certainly makes more sense from  an
ultralight point of view to use AquaMira than to carry a filter.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in New Mexico. It is truly unique.

best wishes,

Jerry Brown (bearcreek)