[Cdt-l] pyramid tarp for tall people

Chris Willett cwillett03 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:56:24 CST 2011

Yo,

I'm going to be on the Colorado CDT this summer in mid August and am
pondering getting a pyramid tarp for the trip. The pyramid would serve
double duty as a mountaineering  shelter here in Washington and would need
to be large enough for two people, with bulky gear.  I'm 6'4" and am worried
about fitting inside the pyramid without the sleeping bag hitting the walls
or getting the fabric wind-blown into the bag and splattered with
condensation during a storm.

Does anyone have any recommendations for such a thing? I use and love a spin
tarp from Gossamer Gear, but it has a huge (as in huge) footprint. A pyramid
tarp should have a much smaller one for pitching in tighter places on the
trail.

suge