[Cdt-l] No Trespassing signs on the Columbus Route?

nathanael lintner nglintner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 14:35:04 CST 2011

Hey El Coyote,

Thanks for responding. The place I was looking at is not between Columbus
and Deming; it is about 40 miles North of Deming (based on the Ley maps).
One of the Notes is in Macho Canyon and the other is along Berrenda Creek.
They are both near where the trail first enters the Gila National Forest
(NOBO).

I am glad to hear that 24+ NOBOS did the route last year with no problem.
Sounds like I shouldn't worry too much then.

Thanks for the offer for the ride. I have an Aunt in Socorro who has offered
to drive us from the ABQ airport to the trailhead. But I will certainly stay
in touch I may have more questions about the route :) We are still trying to
choose whether to start in Columbus or at Crazy Cook. We are leaning towards
Columbus because my Aunt doesn't have a high-clearance vehicle for the Crazy
Cook road.

Nathanael Lintner