[Cdt-l] Fwd: No Trespassing signs on the Columbus Route?

mrsgorp mrsgorp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 14:46:07 CST 2011

Nat,
For note 6, the picture we took from 2009 shows it was on NF land "Primitive
Road Not Maintained" &  "Hazardous to Public Use", (ha, ha ha) and that the
Tierra Blanca Ranch put up the no trespassing signs. We walked through no
issues. There was a dead fox in the dried up creek bed of Berrenda Canyon,
we assume rabies was the cause of death based on the local news reports that
year.

Macho canyon was full of crazy cows and calves, that's the reason for the
gate on the road. We passed through and had good water at Macho spring (
luckily it was flowing from the pipe above the tank).

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM, <ks1007 at aol.com> wrote:

>  hey nat
> there is no national forest between columbus and deming - I haven't heard
> of hikers having any problems in the gila's - 24+ nobo's did the route last
> year - you can contact us at this email address or call me at 575 494 4357 -
> people that stay with us and that I take to the border for $20 per car load
> not per person will get a basic tour of the route from the border to deming
> and you can cache water at a spot I will take you to - I will pick you up at
> the bus station for free - any other questions feel free to ask
>
>  *el coyote*
> *Keith and Mary*
> *Trail Angels*
> *Deming, NM*