[Cdt-l] Great Divide Trail

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:39:27 CST 2011

Brooks wrote:
>Does anyone have a GPX track of the Great Divide Trail? And any
>recommendations to figure out weather and snow levels in Canada along the
>trail?

Brooks -
GDT info here -
http://spiriteaglehome.com/GDT.html

Guidebook info here -
http://spiriteaglehome.com/gdt07_navigation.html

Guidebook errata here -
http://spiriteaglehome.com/gdt07_errata.html

The guidebook has GPS waypoints but I don't know how good they are because we didn't (and still don't)
use GPS.  I know that a couple of the waypoints in the book are off, but it's usually obvious.  I do, however,
recommend using a GPS for this trail.

For snow info call the Parcs Canada office at Jasper.   I thought I had the phone # but can't find it
right now.  You can probably find it online.

BTW - we called them in June to make reservations - call earlier.  We were just plain lucky to
get what we wanted/needed.

Also - don't plan on leaving too early.  When we called in June there was still 5 ft of snow on the ground in Jasper.

Also - yes, I know some of the links on our website ar dead.  I need to fix that, just haven't gotten there yet.

Jim

PS - If you want to talk about it -  our phone # is 717-496-0468

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/