[Cdt-l] nobo's

ks1007 at aol.com ks1007 at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 20:38:34 CST 2011

ok ya'll it's getting to be that time of year for you nobo's doing the columbus route to let me know about it - the normal thing that people do is to fly into el paso, TX and greyhound to deming where I will pick you up at the bus station - if you come in on the AM bus I will take you right to the border and you can start if you want to - if you come in on the PM bus I will pick you up at the bus station - we will grab a bite to eat at a great local mexican food restaurant - if you need supplies we will go to wm for them then home to our place for a shower and all the info I have for water sources - in the morning I will take you to the border for a nominal fee of $20 per carload not per person - you will get my guided tour of where you're hiking and you can cache water in a spot it might be needed - I am NOT a morning person so don't plan on being at the border at 7 AM - you will have time to hike thru columbus and make it to the boonies to spend the night - normal hiking time is 2 1/2 days to our place - j. ley changed the route some so it goes right by our house - I will also tell you about a great BBQ place on the route that all the hikers rave about - I know the owners and they have agreed to $1 off any sandwich for hikers only - we're trying to come up with a hearty sandwich we can name the CDT - any suggestions from past hikers that have eaten there? - they do have a sandwich challenge but I think that only sobo's with big hiker appetites could do it - last year we had 24 thru hikers stay at our place nobo - will we beat that record this year?
if you need to call with questions feel free at 575 494 4357
see ya

el coyote
Keith and Mary
Trail Angels