[Cdt-l] Done!

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu Feb 24 21:51:06 CST 2011

Whew... I just finished sorting through hundreds of marked-up maps,
random scribbled notes, confusing e-mail messages and even a bunch of
trail journals and blog entries... These are the ingredients for the
2011 CDT-ROM. Those of you already on the waiting list should get an
update in the mail in the coming week (may take longer for
international). If you're not on the list, and want a CD, just send me
an e-mail with your mailing address. More about the "CDT-ROM" is here:
http://www.phlumf.com/travels/cdt/cdtmaps.shtml

The changes for 2011 consist mostly of "lots of little things" - route
corrections/updates, new notes, edited notes, deleted notes... It's been
an interesting process seeing how the CDT routing gets better and better
each year. Each year I do this, I get a little homesick for the trail...
and jealous of the new hikers who get new trail where the rest of us had
to suffer through a road walk. I just might have to take another long trip.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the updates for 2011... and in all
the previous years. The CDT-ROM works because of you. Thanks also to the
CDTA & CDTS, trail angels, and advocates for making the trail all it can
be. And thanks to all the hikers - a trail only exists if people follow
their dreams, get out there and put feet to the ground.

2011 is gonna rock!

-Jonathan