[Cdt-l] Badger-Two Medicine

Jim Wolf mail at cdtsociety.org
Mon Jan 24 20:17:34 CST 2011

 From the Great Falls Tribune, we learn:

U.S. District Judge Sam Haddon has upheld a decision by the U.S. Forest
Service banning four-wheelers and snowmobiles in a wild island of
backcountry known as the Badger-Two Medicine Area.

In a ruling filed Thursday in Great Falls, Haddon said the U.S. Forest
Service's 2009 adoption of the Badger-Two Medicine Travel Plan, which
included the motorized access restrictions, was not flawed, as a lawsuit
to overturn it had alleged.

The lawsuit, brought by motorized-use interests, was dismissed.

****

The Badger-Two Medicine includes the CDNST between Glacier National Park
and the Bob Marshall Wilderness. Even though the decision is subject to
appeal, we are encouraged by the district court's decision.

We once again applaud the Lewis and Clark National Forest for protecting
the values of the Trail in this unspoiled area.

CDTS?Jim Wolf