[Cdt-l] SOBO start dates?

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 09:23:10 CDT 2011

Good luck SOBO's....this is such an extreme year for snow, but if a thru
hike is what you want, it is worth every struggling step. (I'm in Silverton
now resting after the last 5 days navigating across snowfields of the San
Juan NF that stretch beyond eyesight, snowfields and snowy peaks that seem
to go on for an eternity. They are stunning in there mightiness and it is
worth every posthole, frozen boot morning and navigational error.
Fortunately the first half of the San Juans we were in a group of five with
skilled navigators. Tomato and myself have split off and will be on our own,
with two GPS's, Brown's waypoints and much improved map reading skills.
Hoping for a bit less snow on the route, but nature can only do her best to
wash away a heavy snow year.
Have fun!
speedsitck, CDT NOBO 2011

--
*To find out more about Mary and her hike along the 3,000 mile long
Continental Divide Trail please go to*: www.marriedtothetrail.com