[Cdt-l] NM Nbnd Cuba to Ghost Ranch (Bob Brewer)

Jon Pierson jon at cdtrail.org
Mon Jun 13 17:38:53 CDT 2011

Bob, et al,

Thanks for the ongoing trail reports.  Much appreciated.  This is the
2nd time I have heard about the problem above Ojitos Canyon.  I have
reported the problem to the Santa Fe NF.  They are already aware of it.
They are currently scouting for a reroute on either side of FR 468 and
are in initial stages for planning NEPA for the route.  In the meantime,
ALL HIKERS should stay on FR 468 (between mile CDTA 6.4 and 7.5), until
they reach the post/turnoff to head down the Ojitos Trail into the
canyon.  If you leave 468, you'll end up having a similar problem.

Bob's Comment:

MAINT: S P Parks Wilderness, 140 trees dn to N Boundary fm Los Pinos
Trhd.
7 more fm Cecilla Cyn to gravel FR-103.
CDTA 95 bet 4.8 & 5.8, 7-8 trees dn on tr.
Bet 6.4 & 7.5 absolute trash tr; tr disappears. Needs heavy brushback &
marking; over 50 trees dn on tr; finally could go no further; had to
fight way steeply uphill thru trash forest to road. WHAT IS GOING ON
W/THIS 1.1 MI? IT'S A DISGRACE!
O'growth near bottom of descent to Ojitos Cyn, tot across tr in pl; also
abt 10 trees dn on descent fm rd & in Ojitos Cyn.

I appreciate any trip reports, and will do my best to report back to the
list-serve.  Thanks Bob,

Jon Pierson

NM Field Program Coordinator

Continental Divide Trail Alliance