[Cdt-l] Northern MT conditions

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 18:01:23 CDT 2011

Milky and I, and serendipitously, SOL and Smooth all started from the
Canadian Border on June 12th.  Belly River crossings were hairy (SOL and
Smooth wisely bushwhacked around).  Redgap pass do-able, Piegan pass
somewhat treacherous due to recent snow, and we ultimately decided to
roadwalk around first Triple Divide Pass, and then also Pitamaken pass, due
to avalanche hazard.   Will leave East Glacier tomorrow and on into the Bob;
difficult to get details on conditions there but we're told that water
levels are lower than they had been but could go back up with warmer
weather.

Likely won't be able to report again until Lincoln (about the end of June we
hope), but I do a SPOT location update each night which goes to my trail
journal.  This is currently updated, but very likely no updates other than
evening SPOT locations until we get to Lincoln.

My trail journal is at:
http://www.postholer.com/brianle

Best wishes to all others out on or planning to get on the CDT this year.

         Gadget