[Cdt-l] CDT hiker in need of help

Robert rbrtshivers at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 15:10:17 CDT 2011

My name is Robert and I am currently thru hiking the CDT. I made it 20 miles north of Cumbres Pass when I got incredibly lost for hours. Due to lack of food and bad navigation skills I turned back around and now I'm back in Chama. I'm going to hitch hike to Pagosa Springs to go to the outfitter to get better maps and maybe a GPS. There lies my problem. I don't know anything about GPS. I'm not good with electronics. What should I do?

*Is there anyone on this list that can talk me through the steps of getting a GPS?

*Or, is there anyone who lives in, or close to Pagosa Colorado, who can show me how to work and sit up a GPS?

*Or, even better, is there anyone close to Pagosa that would sell me there old used GPS, or let me rent there GPS? (money is kind of an issue - I'm a college kid on a budget)

All I know, is that it was pretty scary being lost in the woods of Colorado and, I know that there is a lot of snow ahead of me. Is there any Angels out there?

My e-mail is rbrtshivers at yahoo.com. Drop me a line with you phone number and I will call when I get to Pagosa in a few hours. For now, I'm going to be hitch hiking and that might take awhile.

Thank you in advance for anyone's help.

Sent from my iPod