[Cdt-l] another CDT hiker in need of help

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Thu Jun 23 16:17:03 CDT 2011

90 degrees in Durango as I write this.  It's melting normally up there now.
Beartown  Snotel station is melted out.  The problem will be stretches of
buried trail on steep protected slopes where you don't want to fall.  These
areas persist in a normal year until early August.  I would take a
lightweight ice axe and some mini-spikes and go for it.

You might consider doing all this SOBO from Monarch to Cumbres to give the
San Juans another week to melt.

best wishes,

Jerry Brown

(970) 403-3527    Cell: (970) 749-0496