[Cdt-l] John Galt speaks...

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 10:51:30 CST 2011

No CDT(AT/PCT) if Galt had his way?

I don't know as that reflects this history of the AT very well, nor its progenitor the LT before it -- conceived and executed -- as so much long distance routes -- with private, Galtian, effort and imagination.

And the reason I quit the ATC after 30+ years? Too much "Big Government" corporatism, in the ATC and in the treatment of the AT itself -- now a McTrail from GA to ME.

And the reason I feel "rushed" to hike the CDT "before it's too late"? Some wise people told me it was probably more like the AT I hiked way-back-when, versus the social phenomenon it has become.

Please God, protect the CDT from the government.