[Cdt-l] Southern Terminus

Rick Ostheimer rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 15:54:03 CST 2011

I highly recommend the Crazy Cook route.  With the desert in bloom, it
was very beautiful last spring, and, as reported, deserted.   The BLM
has erected large CDT signs spaced about as far away as the eye can see
to mark the way, though some of them may have been blown or knocked
over, so map reading is still a prerequisite skill.

I also recommend availing oneself of Sam Hughes' shuttle services.  Even
if you have a 4WD and good maps, those roads would be hard to follow and
hard on your vehicle.  The amount Sam charges is very reasonable
considering the terrain over which you travel.  Plus, he stocks water in
a couple of the BLM caches for you.

Handlebar