[Cdt-l] Crazy Cook v Columbus for NBs

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 07:17:22 CDT 2011

I am not sure that the Columbus route will see 'decreasing numbers'.

When I weighed up the options for Martina and I's 2009 NB CDT hike, I thought
the Columbus route seemed the most attractive.  After hiking the route, it was
a great memorable section for us and I would recommend it for adventure,
variety, easy access to the start at Columbus, good water sources,  the help of
Keith in Deming, nice hill country early on, Hillsboro look out tower etc.

Many people who hiked the CC seemed to revert to road walking in 2009 but as the
trail get's waymarked maybe that issue will go. Also people who hike the CC
route seem to like that too, so maybe they are both good !

brian
www.pbase.com/briansolar1