[Cdt-l] Fwd: SoBo Finish at Crazy Cook

R Smith ronyon at comcast.net
Fri Nov 11 22:28:37 CST 2011

Trail angels have every right to promote their own turf; they invest a lot
of time and energy playing host for their region and as a result develop a
strong bond with it. It's like bragging about your grandkids. Ok, maybe
Deming isn't a vacation mecca, but truth be said that outside of UFOs the
Italian restaurant is one of the highlights of southern New Mexico. Sobos
will ignore all of this anyway, since they are all hell-bent on finishing,
but for nobos it is a test: if they can't find charm in places like Columbus
and Deming, then they probably won't like hiking the CDT.

-Ron