[Cdt-l] Postholer CDT mapping

Ron Dobra ghsron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 21:06:57 CDT 2011

Well, as a recently plaqued TC (from the USPS-thanks ALDHA-west) and
confined to Maine hiking this year as a recent AT overseer appointee, I've
got some observations:
alternative trail choices are an interesting topic...why don't we embrace
(allow?) AT, PCT acceptance (sans fires, etc.)
I loved the purple alternatives-explaining that option to thru hikers of the
other two trails is....????
This must drive official CDT routers up the wall
and...after the epiphany I had running into a CDT hiker in Montana, cluing
me into OOO's track (after too many lost hours); I have to say that Daniel's
track had  me in precarious spots on Wagontongue Mtn. and a couple of other
spots where I bush whacked following the line, but ended up on real trail.
But the tracks were invaluable.
This is still frontier-the AT is (NE rooty) highway, the PCT is horse path,
and the CDT is....where the hell am I?
Ron "zen quake" Dobra
Greenville, Maine