[Cdt-l] Water Report - MT

Scott "Voyageur" Piddington sp2mtns at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 01:30:52 CDT 2011

Ley map MT23, note 1:
Got water 5 minutes down highway from Fletcher Pass on up hill site of road.. Small flow, overgrown, cramped quarters but water!

gps coords 46.71799 x 112.38155
Off Ophir Creek Road. I forget which map.
Between Mac Donald and Fletcher passes
Sign reads "Spring Gulch 1/4". Follow this trail flat for about 120 yards to a fenced, piped spring pouring gloriously into a nice tank. A bit farther north on the cdt is another sign reading "Spring Gulch 0.3". I'm not sure where this leads, probably the bottom of the meadow. Not too far south along the trail there is a map note about a spring found by a 2010 hiker. I did not find that spring. Perhaps this is its actual location.

Ley map 21 or 22:
Good flowing creek on alternate, about a 5 or 10 minute walk from the CDT at Lewis & Clarke Pass. don't recall note #.

Ley map MT20, note 5:
The "5" should be moved SW along the cdt to the white area & just north of the cdt at the bottom of the switchbacks. North bound, follow cdt 1/4 mile SW past dry pond (moonscape). Cross meadow. Follow well established side trail up (N) a couple hundred yards to good flowing water. 8/28/2011

Sorry if this is too late. I just got thru the Bob. Wooo hooo!

Voyageur
Postholer.com/voyageur
spiddington.com

Sent on the go from my Peek