[Cdt-l] NOBO 2012 Start Dates & A Map Question

Pete E. Michelinie michelinie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:05:42 CDT 2012

It looks like all of the NOBOs I've heard of are starting plenty early from what I thought (mid May) was the average send off. What are people's thoughts on starting May 9th? Snow in Colorado not an issue this year? Too warm or too little water in NM? Fill me in, please!

My other question is about maps and what is fully necessary. I'm a confident orienteer and wondering if certain BLM maps are necessary, and what sections the gazetteers came in hand for past hikers. I have the Ley set ready and want to know what else I need to get sorted out ahead of time, or should I wait till the trail to figure things out...?

Thanks gang,
Furniture